COVID -19 Update

Our lobbies remain closed until further notice. Drive-ups remain open at both locations. Loan officers and personal bankers are available by appointment. Please contact us at 608-764-5411 or webgeneral@bankofdeerfield.com.

Skip to Content
Close Icon

Our History

Who We Are

At Bank of Deerfield, we are proud to:

  • Be your independent community bank
  • Serve the Deerfield community and South Central Wisconsin
  • Offer financial services to individual and business to help achieve their goals
  • Be recognized for our genuine personal service

Serving Deerfield Since 1887

The Bank of Deerfield was founded in 1887 by H.B. Fargo and was originally known as the H.B. Fargo Company. In 1909 the business name was formally changed to the Bank of Deerfield. Over the next 20 years, the Bank of Deerfield expanded and relocated to a larger location on Main Street. During this period, the First National Bank merged with the Bank of Deerfield.

Throughout our history, the Bank of Deerfield has occupied three different buildings on Main Street in Deerfield. We moved into our current location on Main Street in January 1980. In 2005, we built the new branch location on HWY 12/18 & Hwy 73 to serve the outlining community customers. The branch is a full-service facility to assist customers with their financial needs.

For our entire existence, we have been a full-service bank offering a personal touch that simply can't be found at larger banks. We are committed to providing only the highest level of prompt, professional, friendly SERVICE to our customers in the village of Deerfield and surrounding areas.